BIES 2017 – CALL FOR PAPER
03 April 2017
Considering that halal issue constantly evolves over time, an effort of academicians, practitioners, and regulators to co-optimise the potential of the world’s halal industry is necessary. As one of the driving shaft of Islamic Economics, British Sharia Economic Society seeks to bridge it through a renowed annual event, which aims at providing a forum for sharing and promoting research and practice in corresponding fields as well as raising awarness of halal understanding.
First and Foremost: Halal at the Heart of All Industries
Conference papers are encouraged to be in line, but not limited to, with the following subtopics:
1. Halal Food and Beverage
2. Halal Economic and Finance
3. Halal Fashion and Cosmetics
4. Halal Travel and Tourism
5. Halal Education and Awareness
6. Halal Marketing
7. Sociological and Philosophycal Understanding of Halal and Islamic values
8. Islamic Human Resource Development
9. Regulatory Aspect
10. Governance and Certification
11. Religious Commodification
12. Environmental Concern
In general, submitted papers related and focus on Halal or Islamic issues will be considered.
Abstract Submission: March 27, 2017 – May 15, 2017
Notification of Acceptance: June 10, 2017
Full Paper Submission: June 30, 2017
Conference Date: July 29, 2017 – July 31, 2017
Conference Venue: Durham University Business School, Durham, United Kingdom.
Call for papers is open for researcher, academicians, practitioners, regulators, and students from all over the world. Submission of high-quality research paper describing original and unpublished works on the topic and subtopics are most encouraged. Any interested party should fill in the form and submit their resume and abstract through rebrand.ly/BSES2017
Extended Abstract Guidelines:
1. Extended abstract for submission should be no longer than 1000 words and include 3 key words.
2. Extended Abstract should state the objective of research, nature of study, methodology, and expected findings implications.
3. Extended Abstract should be typed in one-half spaced on A4 paper size using Arial 11.
4. Extended Abstract Headline should be arranged as follows: Title, Author, Email.
MES-UK Task Group BSES Conference 2017